Reciprocal IVF for Lesbian Couples
Building a Family at Palm Beach Fertility Center
If you and your partner have discussed having a child and would like to
have a baby together, you will be happy to know that there have been great
advancements in medical technology which allow you to do so. There are
many different types of procedures which allow lesbian couples to conceive,
including reciprocal IVF, which is one of the most successful and popular.
At Palm Beach Fertility Center, Dr. Denker and the team have helped many
couples get pregnant through reciprocal IVF.
Contact us today to learn more.
Understanding the Reciprocal IVF Procedure
Having a child is a very special experience. With reciprocal IVF, each
partner can contribute in a meaningful way to the conception and birth
of their children. Although this is a new procedure that allows lesbian
couples to conceive, it has proven to be very successful.
The steps of the reciprocal IVF procedure are as follows:
- The first partner is given fertility drugs to stimulate her ovaries to
- The eggs are then harvested and fertilized with donor sperm.
- The resulting embryos are grown in the laboratory until they are ready
to be transferred into the other partner’s uterus.
- The second partner undergoes estrogen replacement and progesterone replacement
therapy in order to prepare the womb for implantation.
- The embryos created in the above step are then transferred into the second
- With the aid of estrogen and progesterone supplementation, the embryos
are able to implant and she becomes pregnant and can carry the baby to term.
- The remainder of the pregnancy and delivery proceeds as does any other
Highly-Esteemed Palm Beach Fertility Clinic
Reciprocal IVF treatments are a new and exciting technique that allows
both partners to be part of the conception and birth process. This procedure
has gained tremendous popularity in the last several years with the institutionalization
of same sex marriage. When you come into our clinic, you can trust that
you will be treated with the highest quality care and personalized attention.
At Palm Beach Fertility Center, we have been offering reciprocal IVF for
more than 20 years and we are one of the most patient-friendly and progressive
practices in Florida.
For additional information about reciprocal IVF or any other fertility
treatments or procedures, please call us today at (888) 819-5177 to
schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Mark Denker.