Acupuncture & IVF in Palm Beach
Using Acupuncture as a Useful Fertility Aid
When you are trying to get pregnant, you may often feel that you would
do anything to conceive. Fortunately, when you come into Palm Beach Fertility
Center, we have the answers you are looking for. Over the years, it has
been proven that acupuncture can be greatly helpful in aiding fertility
treatments. We have found it to be useful when paired with
in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and it can potentially raise a couple's odds of getting pregnant by 65%.
Acupuncture is a Natural Fertility Booster
There have been studies which looked at individuals who had a good chance
of IVF being effective, some who did acupuncture and some who didn’t.
One specific study found that there were fewer miscarriages, more pregnancies,
and a 7% higher birth rate among those who got acupuncture treatment over
those who didn’t.
The lead review articles report that acupuncture treatments has the following
potential fertility-boosting benefits:
- Increased blood flow to the uterus and therefore uterine wall thickness,
an important marker for fertility
- Increased endorphin production, which, in turn, has been shown to affect
the release of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), a decapeptide
involved in regulating reproduction
- Lower stress hormones responsible for infertility
- Impact on plasma levels of the fertility hormones: follicle-stimulating
hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), estradiol (E2), and Progesterone (P)
- Normalization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, a key process
- A positive effect for women with polycystic ovarian syndrome, a hormonal
imbalance present in three percent of adolescents and adults.
What Types of Fertility Patients Typically Get Acupuncture?
We can meet with you to determine whether acupuncture is right for you.
Although Palm Beach acupuncture treatments can be used to treat most types
of fertility disorder, fertility is a very personal matter. Our doctor
and staff at Palm Beach Fertility Center are here to answer your questions
and address any concerns you may have about acupuncture.
Acupuncture is often combined with herbs to treat:
- Elevated follicle stimulating hormone (FSH)
- Repeated pregnancy loss
- Unexplained (idiopathic) infertility
- Luteal phase defect
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with annovulatory cycles
- Male factor including men affected with sperm-DNA-fragmentation
For any questions you may have regarding how acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
might assist in your IVF and pregnancy experience, please feel free to
call us at (888) 819-5177.